Friday, July 25, 2014

The Big E Wall-Hanging





I had some triangles left over from the baby quilt, so I decided to make a wall-hanging for the nursery for Baby Everly, my best friend Jolene's first baby. 


With no pattern I just started sewing the triangles together. To personalize it more, I decided to draw a big monogram for Baby Everly. I adhered the monogram with Heat n Bond and then appliqued using my blanket stitch. I used my Handi Quilter and did a simply back and forth free motion stitch in each row of the triangles. Is it quilted to death? Probably, but I love the look.    

The "E" needed an outline of some sort as it blended in with the white background, so I took a crochet cord and couched it around the E with a zig-zag stitch and my cording/embroidery presser foot (#6 on Bernina)





I stitched the binding to the front with my machine and then finished it on the back by hand. (Have any of my long-hair friends accidently sewn over their hair before? Or am I the only one?)

I think it turned out great, it's fun to use up scraps for a personalized project for a special little girl coming into this world very soon. 










No comments:

Post a Comment